Are you planning to join the 6 million Brits driving to France, Belgium and Germany this summer? We’ve talked about UK summer road trips, but driving abroad is a completely different ball game! Please be sensible and be prepared.
Chgckout this infographic from Sainsburys showing how far these popular destinations are.
Great Tips For Driving To Europe
- Adjust your headlamps for driving to the right
- Hazard Triangles are a requirement in most European countries.
- Radar detectors are illegal in many European countries.
- Always carry your documents: Ideally your photo driving licence together with the paper counterpart document.
- Do your basic car checks a day before setting off to minimise the risk of breaking down
- Check driving laws for the country.
Finally, set a realistic time-scale for your journey and take your time. Holidays and road trips are alot more fun when your not actually in a rush the whole time!
Remember to slow down to get the most out of the trip!
For more details advice, check out the AA’s mini-guide.