Here’s a very useful infographic highlighting many options available to reduce your fuel usage. Even if you’re currently taking driving lessons with us, check these tips out now before you forget!
- Stick to speed limits – This alone can lower your fuel usage by up to 33%
- Temped to use the AC when driving in the summertime? Winding the windows down may be all that’s needed. (However, if AC is on, always have windows closed!)
- Check the efficiency of the car before you make the purchase.
- Don’t carry unnecessary heavy items in the boot.
- Don’t leave the car idling.
- Don’t get lost! Plan before you leave!
- Combine short trips.
- Consider alternative modes of transport.
- Drive smoothly, and keep the car rolling if possible (stopping and starting uses more fuel than rolling)
- DON’T Coast! Nowdays, it’s suggested that coasting doesn’t save you fuel and even reduces your control.
- Use the right engine oil for your car’s engine.
- Keep the cars tyre pressure at it’s recommended level (check this every few months)